Devin Townsend - Physicist flac album
Style: Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Ambient
MP3 album: 1811 mb
FLAC album: 1601 mb
Other formats: MPC AHX DMF VOC RA AA ASF
Genre: Electronic / Rock
Physicist is the fourth solo album by Canadian musician Devin Townsend. The album was released on June 26, 2000, on Townsend's label, HevyDevy Records. Physicist is distinguished from the rest of Townsend's solo portfolio for the crossing of the style of his work in Strapping Young Lad with elements that had been explored in Ocean Machine: Biomech and Infinity. Notably, the line-up of musicians featured on this album is identical to that of Strapping Young Lad.
Terria is the fifth solo album by Canadian musician Devin Townsend. The album was released in August 2001 on Townsend's label, HevyDevy Records. Feeling he had "attracted a bunch of poo" with his previous album Physicist (2000), Townsend felt he had the chance to make a more personal and honest record. Townsend was inspired one morning while driving across Canada with his band, and looked to write an "introspective" album dedicated to his homeland.
Devin Townsend’s third full-length entitled Physicist takes influence from his previous poppy, progressive works and also from his other band Strapping Young Lad and fuses them to create something superior to either on their own. As a result of this we are left with an album that has great speed, melody, songwriting and heaviness. For those of you who have never heard any of Townsend’s work, he is a rather unique songwriter from Canada who writes mostly progressive, atmospheric for his solo project.
Devin Garrett Townsend (born May 5, 1972) is a Canadian musician, songwriter and record producer. He founded extreme metal band Strapping Young Lad and was its primary songwriter, vocalist, and guitarist from 1994 to 2007, and has an extensive career as a solo artist. After performing in a number of heavy metal bands in high school, Townsend was discovered by a record label in 1993 and asked to perform lead vocals on Steve Vai's album Sex & Religion
Band Name Devin Townsend. Album Name Physicist. 版公司 InsideOut Music Hevydevy Records. Other productions from Devin Townsend.
Physicist is the fourth studio album by Canadian musician Devin Townsend. Physicist took several years to come to fruition
Devin Townsend – Physicist. Label: Inside Out Music – IOMCD 069, Inside Out Music – IOMACD 4023. Format: CD, Album, Enhanced.
Listen free to Devin Townsend – Physicist (Namaste, Victim and more). Physicist took several years to come to fruition. Townsend had previously played with Metallica's then-bassist Jason Newsted, in a short-lived thrash metal project called IR8. After the creation of an IR8 demo tape, Townsend and Jason Newsted began work on a new project called Fizzicist, which they claimed would be "heavier than Strapping Young Lad". When the IR8 tape was leaked, Newsted's Metallica bandmates James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich learned of the project.
Physicist is the fourth solo album by Canadian musician Devin Townsend. Contents. Unable to continue working with Newsted, Townsend instead wrote the album himself, calling it Physicist Musical style.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Inside Out Music
- Copyright (c) – Inside Out Music
- Distributed By – SPV GmbH – SPV 085-4137A CD
- Licensed From – HevyDevy Records
- Recorded At – Hipposonic Studios
- Recorded At – Manland Studios
- Recorded At – Red Stripe Studios
- Mixed At – Hipposonic Studios
- Mastered At – Gotham City Studios
- Pressed By – Sonopress – A-42069
- Artwork [3-d Logo Rendering] – Gary Hunter
- Artwork [Layout, Artwork, Logos] – Clint Nielsen
- Bass, Engineer [Assistant] – Byron Stroud
- Drums, Written By – Gene Hoglan
- Engineer – Matteo Caratozzolo, Paul Silviera*
- Engineer [Assistant] – Roger Swan, Sawami Saito, Tracy Turner
- Engineer, Edited By [Digital] – Shaun Thingvold
- Guitar – Jed Simon
- Mastered By – Craig Waddel*
- Mixed By – Mike Plotnikoff
- Other [Cd Enhancement] – Seventh Wave Studios
- Photography By – Gloria Fraser, Tania Rudy
- Vocals [Background] – Chris Valagao, Marina Reid, Sharon Parker, Teresa Duke
- Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Written By, Producer, Engineer, Arranged By – Devin Townsend
NotesRecorded and Mixed at Hipposonic Studios, Vancouver B.C.
Additional Recording at Manland and Red Stripe Studios
Mastered at Gotham City
We Proudly Play the Piss Out of ESP Guitars
Dedicated to "Pugly" (R.I.P)
Track 11 is not mentioned on the cover, but listed in the enhanced section of the disc.
Cat. # IOMACD 4023 on back cover and spines
Cat. # IOMCD 069 on CD
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scan): 0693723413723
- Matrix / Runout: [Sonopress logo] MULT A-42069-1/ 085-41372 A
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L0 30
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0743
- Label Code: LC 01414
- Rights Society: GEMA
|HDRPH7||Devin Townsend||Physicist (CD, Album, Enh)||HevyDevy Records||HDRPH7||Canada||2000|
|none||Devin Townsend||Physicist (10xFile, AAC, Album)||Century Media||none||2001|
|HDRPH7||Devin Townsend||Physicist (CD, Album, Enh)||HevyDevy Records||HDRPH7||Australia||2000|
|IOMCD 069||Devin:Townsend*||Physicist (CD, Album, Enh)||Inside Out Music||IOMCD 069||Germany||2000|
|HDRPH7||Devin Townsend||Physicist (CD, Album, Enh, RP)||HevyDevy Records||HDRPH7||Canada||Unknown|